Rehab is not just a place to treat any addiction, but it is a place which helps a person to regain control over his or her life. Rehab can give you another life by helping you get rid of your addiction in a systematic and organized way.
People are getting lesser and lesser time for their families and involved in a technological wave which has swept nearly all people of all age groups. The fast increasing exclusiveness and pressure in the world are pushing people at the door of various addictions.
Types of addictions people are facing in their life
- Drugs like cocaine, heroin, and marijuana – it is taking a heavy toll on the life of people. The start of addiction generally happens under the pressure of friends, colleagues. Sometimes the emotional pain and stress push the person to take drugs, just to ease out the pain and tension and slowly it becomes an addiction.
- Alcohol addiction – This is the most common type of addiction in people. Earlier it was most prominent among males, but now females are also struggling with alcohol addiction. Started under the peer pressure it usually becomes the severe addiction affecting even family and friends.
- Sex and porn addiction – This addiction has various forms. A person can feel guilt, even embarrassment after indulging himself/herself into any kind of sexual activity. The desire for sexual activity and daydreaming could also be termed an addiction. A person does not feel satisfied with their partners leading to quarrel and violence.
- Internet and video game addiction- Cases of children addicted to video games and internet surfing are increasing. Parents usually give their children computers, mobile phones, and laptops for educational purpose and sometimes children get addicted to internet and games spending unstoppable hours. Studies and life of children get hampered. Adults are also not safe from this kind of addictions.
- Food and eating addictions – The continuous eating and losing control from own habits lead to food addiction. These kind of addictions are less in comparison to other addictions, but it also can be treated successfully in rehab.
IS REHAB REALLY USEFUL?
There is not a doubt that rehab treats people holistically. Rehabs are equipped with trained psychiatrists and staffs to care for the patient. Not only medications are included in treatment, but also counseling sessions and dialogue & discussions follow among patients.
Patients are counseled at regular intervals and brought into active sessions involving games, good daily routine habits, and debates. This holistic structure of treatment tries to bring in every aspect of the problem and treated at a single point at rehab.
Some rehabs also provide aftercare counseling at home when the patient faces the world again. The families and friends have a very important role to play after the patient returns home. The love, care, compassion and support is what is needed most and expected from near and dear ones.